Friday, July 29, 2011

Delicious Combination

Breakfast is such an important meal and I like to mix it up.  I love my eggs, quiches, pancakes and muffins, but I also like refreshing meals too.  It has been the hottest summer here in St. Louis since 1980 and I have been wanting something very summery for breakfast.

I think this is the best combination and surprisingly keeps me pretty full.

Blueberry Almond Yogurt


Plain Greek Yogurt (I get a Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt with added Fiber from Trader Joes.  It is wonderful by itself or in smoothies too)

Fresh Blueberries (This is the best time to buy and eat blueberries.  They are small, hard and packed full of flavor)

Almond Slivers (You can also get these at Trader Joes)

Then I top off all of that with a swirl of Agave Nectar.  I like that better then honey because it is a thinner consistency and mixes really well with everything, but you could certainly use honey too.

I just ate this for breakfast this morning and I am feeling so satisfied and healthy.  It is a nice way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment